Snow!!!

I love snow, I really do. It covers the trees that are bare from falling leaves, covers the dirty road and dying grass, and reflects light so beautifully. Plus out here, the snow doesn't turn brown nearly as fast as in the city!

So our first major snowfall came 2 weeks ago. We got about 8 inches. After being couped up in my apartment for most of the day, I decided to venture out. I have a Subaru, I have AWD, and when I first got my learner's permit, it was January so I know how to drive in snow. Well, I thought I was fine, others scolded me. But it was good to get out. A few days later we got another 8 inches so it's pretty snow-covered up here. Plus, the highest the temp has gotten since is 20 so it's still all here. I got to wear my new snowpants (hey, I'm a little-kid teacher and we go outside, like I'm not going to climb on the snow with my kids!) and my big fur hat (it's windy up here and I don't want to get frostbite) and I was ready... course, it's been years since I was in those bib-snowpants and, well, it's taking a while to be able to maneuver in them. I've also ripped them already so I'll have to go get new ones... :(

I also have discovered that the town of Walker doesn't like snow piling up on the sidewalks... I guess that's a sign that we got alot more snow coming. So at 12:30am, after I've fallen asleep, I hear a loud thump outside my window and then loud scraping... I roll over and go back to sleep... must have been dreaming. Then another thump and scraping... now I start to wake up. Then another loud thump and the scraping sounded like metal... now I get scared for my car! I ran to the window and pulled the blinds open and there outside my window was a bulldozer! They scrape the snow off the sidewalk into the street and then plow it somewhere after that... it was late and I wasn't about to stay up to find out. My car was safe so I went back to sleep. They've done this again since, but at least that was at 5:30am... better??? I'm still debating that one! :)

Comments

Popular Posts