I sat in church the last 2 weeks just looking at the Christmas trees and garland all decorated with soft white lights singing Advent/Christmas hymns, and it feels like December. Then after the service, I get up and walk outside without a coat into the sunshine and think I'm back in summer. Friends have emailed me and mentioned the massive amounts of snow and say "beat that!"

Well... when was the last time your town made national news for snow FLURRIES! Yes, in case you haven't heard, Houston had snow yesterday. About 3:40pm, I got the news that it was snowing outside. Of course this is from multiple sources since they all know I'm from the north and used to seeing snow in December. So I ran out along with a few others who were all bundled and shivering... I'm in short sleeves... to look at the few flakes falling from the sky. Of course started wandering around like a kid trying to take pictures of A snowflake. Later after work, I came out and there was accumulation!! Snow actually stayed! My band had our annual Christmas party so I went to that, slid a bit on the road so there was even ice. When I came out, well, people from Texas were just fun to watch as they just looked at the snow dazed and confused as to how to drive.

Enjoy the pictures!!

Click to play Winter Wonderland...
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Comments

Anonymous said…
Perfect music !!! I saw the "snowflake" !!! Houston made the local news here in Milwaukee !!! Snow.....in Houston........ seeing is believing !!! sm
Esther said…
I think you took the snow to Houston!

Popular Posts