Flashback in Technology History

I started cleaning out some old totes this weekend, trying to consolidate, and came across all my old floppy disks and CD backups. I remember using these floppies like it was yesterday to back up all my files from my first laptop. Now, a mere 11 years later, I have taken all these floppies from 4+ years worth of work, and copied all these files onto a USB stick... that's right, what took dozens of floppies to back up now is on technology smaller than my thumb. I look at the microSD card in my phone, smaller than my thumb nail, and marvel at the 5555 floppy disks worth of information that can go on this 8GB little piece of plastic... then I wonder how much smaller can we get technology.... and how long will it take us to search for it when we lose it in the couch cushions...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can remember when TV first came out. And now you talk about "USB sticks"....all this new fangle stuff... I'm glad I have you to help me sort it out!!! sm

Popular Posts