Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

The last few weeks, it has started to warm up here in the great white north. The snow started melting, the ground started getting muddy, ah, spring was on the way. So the spring clothes started coming out and the sweaters were being put aside since everything was warming up.

Then last week, there was a winter storm warning issued for my county. I started driving to a friends house as the warning started, laughing since it was 45 and clear skies. 9pm, a few flakes started coming down... 10pm, there were 2 inches of snow on the ground with white-out conditions. I started to go home, but the roads were too slippery so I stayed with my friends. We went to their church in the morning, out to brunch with family, and then back to the house to relax. All morning was clear... 30 minutes after going back to the house, white-out again. I, again, attempted to beat the weather an hour later, but, alas, the roads had not been cleared from the night before let alone this new inch of snow. I went to their family business (a video store) to wait out the storm. Well, that turned into being snowed in at the store and spending the night there with a few friends. I have to say, if I had to be snowed in, a video store with video game systems and game and a viewing room with couches and an LCD projector was not a bad place to be. Luckily school was canceled for the next day. I finally got home the next day around 9pm... 50 hours away from home because of snow...

Surely a snowstorm like was a fluke thing that couldn't happen again, right?? Of course not! We packed the winter clothes, so of course it would keep snowing. I write today from my apartment after yet another snowstorm came through, causing school to be canceled for the 2nd time this week. And it's still flurrying with more snow predicted for later.

When was the last time you had snow on the ground for 6 months straight??? :) I know this is a first for me!

Comments

Bobbie said…
Winter has been bad for us down here, I can't imagine how done with snow you must be! Thank goodness the 10 inches they were predicting for us turned into a light dusting overnight that was gone by mid morning. Hopefully we will all get warm soon! I hope you are feeling better....it was a bummer not being able to see you.

Popular Posts