From the North Star to the Lone Star...

This will be probably be the new title of my blog... if you can guess, yes, that means I'm moving.

In a nutshell, due to the financial situation of the school, the church decided that the budget must be balanced in order to start the school year and the only option, after cutting everything else, was to cut a teacher, hence me. After much soul searching, crying, praying, crying, talking with others, and crying I have decided that the best solution for me is to leave Walker. I can't afford it here and I think it's just best for all of us in the long run to leave. Don't get me wrong, I love the staff here and many members of the congregation and leaving is not my first choice, but my personal finances will not allow me to stay with what I can find for a job around here.

With that decided, the next decision was where do I go to next... I have thought about many different options and scenarios and I am feeling called to go to Houston, Texas. A great friend of mine (and former employer) moved down there and so I think there may be more opportunities for me in Houston. So come the end of September I will be moving everything from here in MN to WI, drop some things off there (like snow boots and heavy coats) and then take the rest of my stuff to Houston. There are a few prospects, but nothing concrete yet. Keep watching here for more updates (now that things are more out in the open, I can talk again...).

In the meantime I am still working at the hunting/fishing store in town and continuing to spend time outdoors swimming, fishing, and even shooting... yes, I have now shot a real shotgun and rifle. I am taking hunter safety online and hopefully soon I'll be able to take my field exam and earn my hunter safety certificate. Grouse hunting starts in mid-September so I'm hoping to go with a few friends before I leave. We'll see how I like hunting, and if I like it, maybe I can find a way to go in Texas... or just shoot targets... :)

I'll keep you posted as things develop here. Oddly enough, this post is coming from my computer at school as I'm packing things up. It's a pretty-for-sure-done-deal now, but not quite since the voters don't vote on it for another week. Got to love technicalities. Thank you for all your prayers and support as this chapter closes and a new one begins.

Comments

Esther said…
As you know, I'm sorry this all ended this way. You're a good teacher and I'm sure God has awesome plans for you. You continue to be in my prayers! Miss you lots!

Popular Posts