November Nutiness

At the request of a friend, I am updating my blog... really, I planned on doing this earlier this evening but being an adult and doing laundry (in my own apartment!) got away from me...

So, close your eyes... wait, then you can't read the blog... open your eyes and imagine what it's like outside if you can't see out a window. It's the first week of November, children are still on a sugar high from Halloween, the leaves are almost gone, I've heard reports of snow already up north. What season is this? Easy, FALL! Now I look out my window... should it be daylight I would see green leaves on trees, a gentle breeze, and people walking around with shorts on. What season is this??? Um... summer still??? It's very interesting now that I'm not around children as much, I almost missed the fact it was Halloween, and even though I see what month t is daily, it still doesn't feel like November. It's like I'm caught in some weird time warp where summer never ends... I am being honest, I still have my AC on. It's 80 during the day still... and last night when it got down to 57, yes, DOWN to 57, I finally wore my sweatshirt for warmth, not just because it's comfy.

I've noticed things like this before, like going to Lowe's and seeing the Christmas tree display with all the lights (again, I'm wearing capris and a T-shirt) and the fake snow around the base of the tree. I then wondered, why on earth would you put fake snow around a Christmas tree in the south. Sure, in most of the country, like where evergreens are more native, there's snow. But only in extreme rare cases is there actually snow that falls to the ground here... so white Christmases are NOT normal here, so why try and create something fake? It'd be like people up north decorating a palm tree instead of an evergreen. I can already tell this will be a weird Christmas!

The apartment setting up is coming along nicely. I got my things about 2 weeks ago and am down to about 10 boxes left to unpack... and then hang up pictures and other decorating. Most of my clothes are unpacked, and I was glad I got rid of those extra sweaters and sweatshirts... I'm already looking at the 16 I have going, "When am I going to wear these?" I know it get's colder........... eventually.......... Pictures will be coming soon of the progress.

Comments

Esther said…
Thanks for the update, I feel much better now. ;-) Glad things are going well for you. It's 30 degrees outside right now, I could use some of those sweaters!
Anonymous said…
You have palm trees, capri's, t-shirts, air conditioner, hmmmmmm. We have bare trees, flannel pj's, winter coats, furnace on.... when can I come for a visit? sm

Popular Posts