Moving...

So, as you know, I have been praying (and crying) long and hard about what to do with my life... I am moving to Houston, Texas. The van is booked, I've given notice to my current job (and then was talked into an extra 2 days), and I'm making it public. Many questions have been asked and so here are a few with the answers as much as I know...

1. Why Texas? I started out thinking of places to move to and Houston was one, I have a few GREAT friends that live down there. After researching the housing market, job market, and pursuing work with a specific company, I have decided that the best place for me right now is Houston. It took me a while to realize why, other than a gut feeling that God was leading me there, now it's a matter of trusting him that something will come through.

2. Do you have a job? At the exact moment, no. But I have interviewed with a company that has many opportunities so now it's just waiting to see what happens. I may know in a week or so. Otherwise, it's back to the job hunt with temp agencies...

3. Will you ever go into teaching again? I don't know. Honestly, 15 months ago, I didn't see myself in a town of just over 1000 in the middle of northern MN with more trees than people. 4 months ago, I really didn't see myself having to look at relocating. I've learned that God's plan is more important than our plan and that nothing is certain, except that Jesus loves us to much, He died for our sins, not because of our works, but because of His love, and that we will go to heaven. Period. The only thing I'm certain on. Oh, and if you throw things out of a window, they will hit something, usually the ground, but occasionally people.

4. Isn't it hot in Texas? Yes... for someone who loves seeing leaves change colors and playing in the snow (for a month or so, not 6!) that will be one of the biggest things I'll miss in Texas. Though I have heard that parts of northern Texas may have leaves changing colors! And yes, it's hot... though I was told if I could survive August/September, I'd be able to handle the rest of the year, and I survived a week of it. Thank God for AC!!

So I hope this clears a few things up. I'll be arriving in Texas September 24-26, depending on the moving company and how driving goes. I do have a GPS, I just got it yesterday (while they were on sale and plus employee discount) so that will help with directions and getting me down to Houston and find things along the way. Stay tuned for more stories and any updates! And thank you to all of you who have been praying for me and the school during this difficult time. I'm the one leaving, they still have the responsibility of taking care of students with 1 less full time teacher. I KNOW they'll do well, they just can use prayers as well.

Comments

Jamie said…
welcome to the state of Texas. It's different from life "up north" but it's nice, especially if you hate snow as much as I do! Hope you have a safe move! We're in San Antonio if you ever need anything.
Esther said…
Praying for you! Never forget the Packers, that's all I have to say. DON'T YOU DARE BECOME A TEXANS FAN. AND TO BECOME A COWBOYS FAN? Well, that would be just unforgivable. All kidding aside, I pray that you will have multitudes of blessings in Houston!

Popular Posts