Budding Trees!!

Yes, another post about the changing season... but, let's face it, up here, there's not a whole lot more to talk about... sometimes...

I was driving to school today and noticed that the trees are starting to bud. I don't remember seeing them budding yesterday, but today, half the bare trees now have little green buds on them. I decided that finally, we can talk about the seasons. Really, how can you tell children that in spring, the rain comes and flowers bloom and trees get their leaves when they can look outside in the season of "spring" and there's snow on the ground. I guess there's different seasons in northen MN... in August there was summer, September all the leaves turned colors, October the leaves were gone, November was snow, December through March was snow, April showers came in the form of blizzards, and finally halfway through May we see signs of spring.

So let's see, so far there was a month of summer, month and a half of fall, 7 months of winter, and now 2 weeks of spring... hmm... I may have to redo my calendar cutouts next year. Can't really have umbrellas for April if there's 3 blizzards in the month and not a single drop of rain... that would just be confusing. I wonder when summer will start... any bets?? :)

Comments

Popular Posts