My First Fish!!!

Today, I caught my first fish!! I went sucker spearing with a few friends and their family today and caught my first fish. I'm getting credit for it, anyway, although he was mortally wounded before I got him (a lung was speared out of him) so he would have died, but I took him out of the water therefore I get the credit... that's what I was told. I didn't plan on getting in the water, but you know how it goes, first you just put your feet in, then you realize that maybe you'll have better footing if you take a step in, then the next step looks better, and before I knew it, I was knee deep in water. It wasn't the most attractive water, lots of planty things floating and growing in it, but it was fun. I even got to see a spear move the eyeball of a caught fish... kinda gross. I guess this is what I missed growing up in the city without any younger brothers. :)

For those of you who want to see what a sucker fish looks like, here ya go... no this isn't my fish, I didn't have a camera because I didn't plan on going (I would have worn something other than capri jeans - not the most comfortable when wet).
Not the most attractive fish, huh? But it was fishing! I may be going this weekend with the grown-ups next weekend! I'll have to start carrying my pole in the car, just in case...

Comments

Popular Posts