Open Windows...

I have always loved open windows. Something about breezes gently rolling through the house just calms me. And being in the city, as the cars drive by, if you have your eyes shut (and use a little imagination) it sounds like waves crashing on the shore. Very relaxing. I've also wanted a window without a screen. I realize they keep out bugs and protect a little more against intruders, but how many shows have you seen where people are hanging out the window waving or sitting in an open window.

Well... I had my window open and all of a sudden I was woken up by my blinds rattling. They normally move from the wind so I didn't think anything of it... until I heard something flapping against them. A bird perched in my window sill and I think it was going to try to fly in but met up with the blinds. So I kinda laughed, rolled over, and went back to sleep. A short time later, same thing happened except I saw shadows on the ceiling and thought the bird got in. That woke me up quickly and I shut the window before taking anymore chances. Last thing I need is a bird in here!

Comments

Popular Posts