Ice is gone... finally!

So this weekend was fishing opener, and it was interesting to see all the boats in town. However, in all the times I drove past Leech Lake (which was quite a few, in quite a few different spots) I saw 1 boat all weekend... 1. There was still a nice layer of ice over most of the lake. We even had sleet/snow mix on Saturday - I have pictures of accumulation to prove it! I guess there's a story circulating that someone accidentally hit the ice with his boat and wrecked the boat, but that's a story around town... and we all know how true those stories can be!

But after looking at the lake this morning, after all I pass it in 4 spots, I noticed that the ice was pretty well gone and this afternoon, it was pretty well completely gone. About time!! It's May! We're supposed to be learning about spring already and there are no signs of it up here! :) Finally, a sign that spring is coming... good thing since summer starts in just over a month! :)

Comments

Popular Posts