The Tourists are Back!

For those of you who don't know, I live in "God's Country" as I've been told, which means beautiful trees, lakes, and animals. Put them together and what do you get? Tourists. Tomorrow is fishing opener, I think specifically Walleye. Already there's boats everywhere, big trucks that normally aren't here, and lots of extra people all wearing some form of camouflage. Tomorrow will be interesting seeing everyone on the lake... especially since there's quite a chunk of the lake that still has ice!! :)

The snowbirds are also back so I'm learning more new names of people that I had met briefly at my installation. The first few months being up here consisted of bi-weekly or even weekly trips back to the Cities for various events, functions, etc. that I had committed to before I left. And now?? Well, aside from the LEA Convocation 2 weeks ago, I haven't been back since February. How times have changed.

Oh, and the guinea pigs are doing just fine again. I have learned that they are not adapting to the country like I had hoped. They will only eat stuff boughten at a PetSmart or PetCo. It's weird, it's the same food between those places and Walmart/Target, right?? I've even mixed them, hoping to fool them, but no. My little connoisseurs have eaten the good, expensive city stuff and picked out the cheap stuff. They go through the expensive food 4x as fast and with the cheap food, they sit and stare at the dish, then squeak when I walk by like "This isn't food! I want real food!" Grr... even hay cubes, they only eat the expensive ones, even if that's the only thing to eat. The closest PetCo/PetSmart you may ask? St. Cloud... 2 hours away! :( At least they have an order online option I'll have to check into...

Comments

Popular Posts